To celebrate the launch of our new website and the local Padstow Seafood we are running an awesome giveaway!
WIN a 3 course shellfish meal for 4 people:
- Padstow crab bisque Taragon cream – sour dough croute
- Porthilly mussels Garlic – white wine – parsley – cream
- Grilled ½ Padstow lobster Garlic, parsley and samphire butter – Padstow grown salad – local bakery bread
All washed down with a crisp bottle of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc.
Complete these three tasks to WIN:
- LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram to get notifications to see when you have won.
- Share this post with friends or family you’d enjoy the meal with.
- ‘Find the hat wearing Fish’ on our new site and then let us know where you found it via the form on this page (a hat wearing fish will be hidden in a page on this site… So go find the seafood).
- You must be willing to share your email address with us
- No shellfish allergies!
- Prize menu cannot be changed
- Winner will be chosen at random
- Prior booking essential due to availability of shellfish
- All other food and beverages must be paid for
Found the fish? Enter your details here…
Share with your friends and family below
Keeping seafood local
Caught within a few miles of our front door, our seafood couldn’t be fresher. We work alongside various local fishermen and shellfish providers to make sure only the best Cornish fish lands on your plate.
We are lucky to have mussel, clam and oyster beds practically on our doorstep. This shellfish is delivered daily by Tim Marshal from Porthilly Farm, just across the estuary.
Keeping it local is important to us Cornish folk. Our lobsters and whole brown crab are provided by Gavin Wicks, a Padstow local from a long chain of descendants. He used to work in our kitchen before taking to the seas in his boat, PW12, to supply local businesses with his delicious catches. Gavin’s brother, Lee, can often be found dining with us when he’s not fishing for the mackerel that you’ll find on our specials board.
The Padstow Shellfish Co was founded through a love of shellfish – especially crab. Jason Nicolas, another local Padstow man, felt that the true taste of this lovely, sweet meat was being lost by other suppliers around Cornwall, so he decided his catch should be sold directly to the restaurants. Before long Padstow Shellfish Co began supplying chefs all over the country. We are lucky enough to have delicious crab meat dropped straight to our door; the white meat for our menu and the shells for our scrumptious crab bisque.
For all things bass we turn to Martin Biddle, a highly regarded fisherman in the area. You’ll often find him sipping a cappuccino with us, chatting all things bass with his protégé John Carheart. Martin also owns a couple of trawlers which supply us with monkfish and turbot when needed.
If you’re looking for a taste of fresh Cornish fish, then look no further than the seafood served in Padstow. Our suppliers work tremendously hard in all weathers to deliver their catches straight to our door and we couldn’t be prouder to serve their seafood. We take our hats off to them and support everything they do in protecting our stocks by fishing sustainably, whilst taking pride in their work and produce.